The Union County Rape Crisis Center (UCRCC) operates a twenty-four (24) hour sexual assault crisis response and informational hotline. Via the 24 hour hotline, specially trained Confidential Sexual Violence Advocates (CSVAs) provide emotional support, crisis counseling, in-person accompaniment through medical proceedings (i.e. sexual assault forensic examinations) as well as law enforcement interviews (i.e. filing a police report or making a statement with the police, legal meetings, and/or court proceedings, including but not limited to civil protective/restraining order hearings), advocacy, and information. Multi-agency service referrals are also available for survivors and family members seeking clinical, medical, legal and/or financial information, as well as other community resources.
All services are provided in a manner that preserves victim privacy and safeguards the victim's right to confidentiality pursuant to (N.J.S.A. 2A:84A-22.15).
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS...
The Union County Rape Crisis Center is looking for dedicated individuals who are interested in helping survivors of sexual violence.
At present, we are implementing evening training opportunities from April 2nd through June 4th, 2020. Below is the projected schedule for our Spring 2020 training:
April 2, 2020 May 7, 2020
April 7, 2020 May 12, 2020
April 9, 2020 May 14, 2020
April 14, 2020 May 19, 2020
April 16, 2020 May 21, 2020
April 21,2020 May 26, 2020
April 23, 2020 May 28, 2020
April 28, 2020 June 2, 2020
April 30, 2020 June 4, 2020
May 5, 2020
What are the requirements?
- Resident of Union County
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Personal (own) means of transportation (i.e. a car)
- Participation in an informal interview between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
- Successful completion of Advocate training, which includes attendance at all sessions
- Commitment to volunteer for a period of at least one year
- Commitment to signing up for at least three hotline shifts per month; one of which must be an overnight.
- Regular attendance at monthly
volunteer meetings (evening)
*If you meet these requirements and are interested in interviewing, kindly phone us at (908) 233-7273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.